LYSAGHT® Purlins and Girts are lightweight structural steel members, designed in accordance with the AS/NZS 4600: 1996 Cold Formed Steel Structures utilising high strength zinc-coated steel.
LYSAGHT® Zed sections may be used over single spans, unlapped and lapped continuous spans in multi-bay buildings. Lapped continuous spans result in considerable capacity increase in the system.
LYSAGHT® Cee sections may be used in single spans, and unlapped continuous spans in multi-bay building and are ideal as eave purlins or where compact sections are required for detailing.
- A range of gauges and depths are available
- Can be provided punched and unpunched
- Non-standard sizes may be available on application
- A down-turned bottom lip on your LYSAGHT® Zed Purlin, is available on request
- LYSAGHT® Cee sections cannot be lapped
- Cee and Zed purlins are normally supplied un-punched. If punching is required punching details should be specified at the time of ordering
- Purlins should be stored off the ground and on a slight slope so that water can drain away
- Direct contact of incompatible material with coating should be avoided. In such applications, suitable paint systems should be obtained from paint manufacturers
- Consider orientation of Zed and Cee purlins in relation to possible build-up of substances such as dust or grain
- Special transport requirements are needed for lengths over 12000mm
- Span tables assume the use of LYSAGHT® bridging and LYSAGHT® recommended bolts