STEELSELECT WEB SITE
Welcome to the SteelSelect web sites ("Web Sites"). The Web Sites are owned and operated by BlueScope Steel Limited ABN 16 000 011 058
("we" or "us").
- Protecting your privacy
- We are committed to protecting your privacy and to upholding the privacy principles set out in the National Privacy Principles
under the Commonwealth Privacy Act.
- Set out below is the information which we are required under the National Privacy Principles to give you, as a user of the Web
- By accessing and using our Web Sites or by submitting information to us, you consent to us using and disclosing your personal
information in the ways described in this Privacy Statement.
- We recommend that you keep a copy of this Privacy Statement for future reference.
- Your personal information
- We may hold a variety of personal information about you, including your name, date of birth, your current and previous
addresses, your phone number, e-mail address, and your occupation.
- Occasionally, we may ask you for personal information about other people - for example, your customers or other authorised
representatives. If you choose to disclose this information to us, we rely on you to tell those individuals that you are giving
their personal information to us.
- If you choose not to give personal information to us, we may not be able to provide you with access to some or all of the Web
Sites or to our other products and services.
- How we collect personal information
- We may collect personal information about you in a number of ways, including:
How we collect personal information from the Web Sites
- directly from you - for example, when you send us an email or complete and submit an online form;
- from third parties - for example, our related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
- from publicly available sources; and
- when legally required to do so.
How we use your personal information
- We may also collect personal information about you when you use and access the Web Sites.
- One of the ways we may collect information about you is through the use of "coookie". A cookie is a small text file that the Web
Sites may place on your computer. Cookies may be used, among other things, to track the pages you have visted, to remember your
preferences and to store personal information about you.
- You can adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, if you disable
cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas of the Web Sites or take advantage of the improved web site experience that
- When you visit the Web Sites, our web servers may record other information about or relating to you, such as the time and date
of your visit or the IP address assigned to the computer you are using to access the Web Sites. In many cases, we cannot and do
not use this information to indentify you personally. Rather, we simply use this information to track, improve and report on the
performance of the Web Sites.
- Your personal information may be used by us in a number of ways, including:
You expressly consent to us using your personal information for these purposes.
If you do not want to us to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, please contact our Privacy Officer via our contact form.
When we disclose your personal information
- to give you access to the Web Sites and to the content on the Web Sites;
- to respond to queries you submit via the Web Sites;
- to market our products and services (or those of other people) to you, including by email;
- to inform you of changes to our business, our products (or those of other people), the Web Sites, or to the content on the
- for internal business purposes - for example, to research and develop the Web Sites and our other products and services;
- as required or authorised by law, including the National Privacy Principles;
- to enforce any agreement, or in connection with legal proceedings, between you and us.
- We may disclose your personal information to our related companies and to various outside organisations (some of which may be
located in foreign countries). Except as permitted under the National Privacy Principles, we will only disclose your personal
information for one of the purposes set out in part 5 above.
- Some of the outside organisations we may disclose your personal information to include:
If any of these organisations are located outside Australia, you expressly consent to us disclosing your personal information
to those organisations.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that each organisation that we disclose your personal information to is committed to
protecting your privacy.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
- organisations who advertise or provide information about their products and services on the Web Sites ("rollformers");
- other organisations involved in the operation, hosting and management of the Web Sites;
- our professional advisers, including our legal advisers and accountants;
- government and regulatory authorities; and
- organisations that acquire all or part of our assets or businesses.
How you can access your personal information
- We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and
up-to-date. However, the accuracy of the information we hold depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
- Please help us by:
- letting us know if there are any errors in the information we hold about you; and
- keeping us up to date with changes to your information, such changes to your name or address.
Preventing unauthorised access to your personal information
- You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so,
please let us know. For security reasons, we may ask you to put your request in writing.
- We may charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
- We will take reasonable steps to maintain the security of and to prevent unauthorised access to or disclosure of your personal
- However, we do not guarantee that unauthorised access to your personal information will not occur, either during transmission
of that information to us or after we receive that information.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
- The Web Sites may contain links to other Internet web sites (including "rollformer" web sites). These links are provided
solely for your convenience.
- If you submit personal information to or via any linked site, the privacy principles applying to that information will be
outside our control. You should therefore check the privacy statement of the linked site before submitting information to or via
How to contact us
- From time to time, we may need to change this Privacy Statement to reflect our changing business practices. We may therefore
change this Privacy Statement at any time by posting the changed Privacy Statement on the Web Sites, and by posting a notice to
users on our homepage stating that a change has occurred.
- All personal information collected and held by us will be governed by our most recent Privacy Statement, as posted on the Web
- If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact our Privacy Officer via our contact form.
- If you have a general inquiry relating to the Web Sites, please contact us via our contact form.
- If you have an inquiry relating to a particular rollformer product, please contact the rollformer directly.
COLORBOND® Metallic steel
COLORBOND® Stainless steel
COLORBOND® Ultra steel
COLORBOND® Coolmax® steel
COLORBOND® steel fencing
*Rollover samples to view